How does Xanax work on the body? (Pharmacological properties)
Xanax is a group of tranquilizers-benzodiazepines, which, due to stimulation of the central effects of GABA and the entire GABA-ergic system, have an anticonvulsant, soothing, anxiolytic effect, reduce muscle tone. By stimulating GABA receptors, Xanax reduces the excitation of the cortex and subcortical structures (the thalamus, limbic region), exhibiting a hypnotic and sedative effect.
The muscle relaxant effect of Xanax is due to mediated inhibitory effect through the central nervous system and direct inhibition of spinal polysynaptic reflexes.
Xanax alprazolam is well absorbed into the blood, reaching its maximum values, after ingestion, after 1.5 hours. Metabolism of benzodiazepines occurs in hepatocytes. Metabolites of Xanax are eliminated from the body with urine.
When is Xanax alprazolam applied? (Indications for use)
Xanax alprazolam is prescribed with increased tone of the central nervous system, which manifests itself in
• situational or against a background of neurosis, feelings of danger, anxiety, fear,
• anxiety-depressive syndrome or neurosis with sleep disorders,
• neurotic depression on the background of phobias, panic attacks,
• somatic conditioned CNS excitation.
The method of applying Xanax
Xanax are taken orally, dividing the daily dose by 2-3 uses. Usually, the doctor recommends to buy Xanax online in the initial daily values of up to 1.5 mg, gradually selecting the optimal dosage. The maximum course of therapy with Xanax alprazolam if you buy Xanax online without prescription is 90 days. Cheap Xanax is canceled gradually.
Absolute contraindications to the appointment of generic Xanax
• Individual intolerance to benzodiazepines.
• Pregnancy and lactation.
• Work with mechanisms and transport management.
• Severe disturbances of consciousness during coma and shock of any etiology.
• Acute poisoning with ethyl, drugs of the morphine group, psychotropic drugs with oppression of consciousness.
• Attack of angle-closure glaucoma.
• Decompensated breathing disorder.
• Severe depression (risk of suicide).
Side effects of cheap Xanax
• Nervous system: at the beginning of treatment, benzodiazepines in elderly and weakened patients often cause increased drowsiness, fatigue, weakness, decreased attention, shakiness, disorientation, slowing of reactions. Less common are: headache, agitation or depression, twitching of limbs, memory loss, depression, euphoria, dystonia and twitching of the eye corner, muscle weakness. Very rarely aggression, confusion, delirious outbursts, fear, suicidal thoughts, muscle spasms, hallucinations, feelings of anxiety, sleep disturbances are described.
• Blood system. Possible reduction of blood cells (cytopenia): leukocytes, neutrophils, erythrocytes, platelets.
• Digestive system. Rarely excess or lack of salivation, dyspepsia (heartburn, nausea, lack of appetite), stool disorders and hepatic function were rarely observed.
• Excretory system: urinary incontinence or retention, decreased renal filtration function.
• Sexual system: disorders of erectile function, dysmenorrhea, decreased libido.
Skin allergic rash according to the type of urticaria.
• Withdrawal syndrome. Benzodiazepines with prolonged admission (more than 3 months) lead to drug dependence. With a sharp cancellation or lowering of the dose, there is an abstinence syndrome (withdrawal syndrome). It manifests by irritability, nervousness, sleep disorders, increased sweating, depression. In severe cases, there are stomach cramps, vomiting, involuntary muscle twitching, perceptual disorders, in severe cases – acute psychosis.
• The use of alcohol and morphine drugs is categorically prohibited during the treatment.
• For hepatic insufficiency, laboratory monitoring of its function (transaminases, acute phase parameters, bilirubin) is performed.
• In renal or hepatic insufficiency, a laboratory monitoring of the number of blood elements is performed.
Signs of an overdose (poisoning) with generic Xanax: drowsiness, impaired consciousness, decreased reflexes, tremor of the extremities, slowing of the heart rhythm, dyspnea, hypotension, coma. First aid: emergency call, gastric lavage, sorbent intake. In the hospital, symptomatic treatment is performed, flumazenil is administered. Hemodialysis does not apply.